Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Diagnosed with Kidney stones

geberly - Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Doctor I am 25 year old, male, and recently have been diagnosed with kidney stones. I do not have insurance and have been to the emergency room twice. Once on Aug 2 and the other on the 16th. I went to an urologist the other day and they said by looking on both my cat scan's there was a slight blockage. Would this blockage allow me not to cum after sex? And should I be worried? The urologist sent me home with toridal and told me to try and pass it. I am really worried and help would be great.

Thanks
 geberly - Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Also doctor, the emergency room had me on flomax and percocet. I don't have the pain that would send me to the ER just uncomfortable. This was also the first time I was sexually active sense the 16th. Thanks again
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 am

User avatar Hi gaberly,
Kidney stones should not cause blockade to the passage of semen (except in the extremely rare (theoratical) event of a kidney stone coming down and blocking the urethra at that very opportune moment!),
Your kidney stones need to be followed up closely, as they seem to be obstructing.
Cheers!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us