Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Diagnosed with Kidney stones

geberly - Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Doctor I am 25 year old, male, and recently have been diagnosed with kidney stones. I do not have insurance and have been to the emergency room twice. Once on Aug 2 and the other on the 16th. I went to an urologist the other day and they said by looking on both my cat scan's there was a slight blockage. Would this blockage allow me not to cum after sex? And should I be worried? The urologist sent me home with toridal and told me to try and pass it. I am really worried and help would be great.

Thanks
 geberly - Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Also doctor, the emergency room had me on flomax and percocet. I don't have the pain that would send me to the ER just uncomfortable. This was also the first time I was sexually active sense the 16th. Thanks again
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 am

User avatar Hi gaberly,
Kidney stones should not cause blockade to the passage of semen (except in the extremely rare (theoratical) event of a kidney stone coming down and blocking the urethra at that very opportune moment!),
Your kidney stones need to be followed up closely, as they seem to be obstructing.
Cheers!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us