Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Penis, kidney and back pain..please help

JDubC3 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 am

I am a 25 year old male, who is having a burning sensation when I urinate or ejaculate; even sometimes when I'm just walking or sitting. I also have right kidney pain, and occasional lower right abdominal pain, during bowel movements, or without. I had surgery for a 1.4 cm kidney stone back in January of this year, and was currently diagnosed with another kidney stone about 2 weeks ago. I had surgery for a hernia in 2004. I was also diagnosed with a low thyroid level (.02) and was supposed to go to an endocrinologist but never did. Now the embarrassing part, I used to be able to have sex for about 2 hrs without losing an erection, and now I'm lucky to be able to stay erect for 5 minutes, let alone at all. About a month ago I did a cycle of steroids because I was losing weight, but am not currently taking any of that. I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day because they told me it would help pass the stone. I had unprotected sex, well not really, stopped after 2 minutes cause I wouldn't stay erect, about 2 weeks ago with a girl I barely knew. I have been told that it sounds like I have a bladder or kidney infection, and am really worried. My girlfriend thinks I don't want her anymore because I wont sleep with her, but I'm too embarrassed to say it's because I can't stay erect. I am leaving town for about a month on Labor Day for business, and am wondering if this is something I should really worry about, to the point where I should find a doctor where I'm going. I'm sorry that this is really in depth, but I thought I would go into full detail. It doesn't sound like I have an STD does it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm

User avatar I would consult with a urologist if I were you. Since your symptoms do appear to be kidney-related and you have had a change in your sexual responses, an exam is important to find out what is really happening.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us