Question: Penis, kidney and back pain..please help

JDubC3 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 am

I am a 25 year old male, who is having a burning sensation when I urinate or ejaculate; even sometimes when I'm just walking or sitting. I also have right kidney pain, and occasional lower right abdominal pain, during bowel movements, or without. I had surgery for a 1.4 cm kidney stone back in January of this year, and was currently diagnosed with another kidney stone about 2 weeks ago. I had surgery for a hernia in 2004. I was also diagnosed with a low thyroid level (.02) and was supposed to go to an endocrinologist but never did. Now the embarrassing part, I used to be able to have sex for about 2 hrs without losing an erection, and now I'm lucky to be able to stay erect for 5 minutes, let alone at all. About a month ago I did a cycle of steroids because I was losing weight, but am not currently taking any of that. I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day because they told me it would help pass the stone. I had unprotected sex, well not really, stopped after 2 minutes cause I wouldn't stay erect, about 2 weeks ago with a girl I barely knew. I have been told that it sounds like I have a bladder or kidney infection, and am really worried. My girlfriend thinks I don't want her anymore because I wont sleep with her, but I'm too embarrassed to say it's because I can't stay erect. I am leaving town for about a month on Labor Day for business, and am wondering if this is something I should really worry about, to the point where I should find a doctor where I'm going. I'm sorry that this is really in depth, but I thought I would go into full detail. It doesn't sound like I have an STD does it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm

User avatar I would consult with a urologist if I were you. Since your symptoms do appear to be kidney-related and you have had a change in your sexual responses, an exam is important to find out what is really happening.