Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: A year of discomfort .. and still clueless

 290280 - Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:08 am

Hi doc

I would really appreciate your feedback regarding the following:

Exactly one year ago i was out for a walk in the morning when I started feeling a little limp in my left leg as I walked. I ignored it thinkin it was a temporary thing. But it kept getting worse and worse until there was a certain amount of pain (on and off) in the back of my left leg. This was followed by my left testicle starting to feel weird and hanging lower than it normally did. I went to get a scrotal ultrasound and nothing unusual was found. These symptoms persisted for afew months until the discomfort had radiated to both my testis. It felt as if my right testicle was a bit swelled up past normal size. They had both become sensitive and ached if pressed a bit hard. It also felt as if there was some kind of dilation of the nerves. Afew months later, along with the discomfort and ache of the left leg and both testis, my right leg also started to ache. My right testis also seems to be protruding out further than the left accompanied by pain on the inside of my right thigh. Again I went to the doctor and was told to get another scrotal ultrasound. This was two weeks ago and again nothing unusual was found.

On the same note: Last month I woke up one day and felt the right side of my body feeling weak and tingling. Now lately, I have been experiencing days on and off when my entire right side of the body (arm and leg) feels weaker than the left side. I don't know whats going on. And I am quite worried as nothing has ever persisted this long before. FYI, I am 27 years old.

Please help.

 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 pm

User avatar Perhaps this is something of a more generalized nature; rather than localized with your genitalia. Maybe you could see a neurologist for an evaluation since you are experiencing some generalized weakness and tingling unilaterally.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us