Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: circumcision

steve83 - Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:55 am

Hi, i am not sure if this is the right foum to post my question, pleae let me know if it is the wrong. I am thinking about being circumcised for cosmetic reasons, but i don't know what sort of doctor i would need to see.

Do i need to see a cosmetic surgeon?

I have been told that better results can be produceed by having the procedure done in USA, as in America this procedure is a lot more common (i am from the UK, where it is quite uncommon to be circumcised). Would it be worth going to the states?

The reason i am thinking of circumcision is because i have little white spots on my penis. The spots are mainly on the penis shaft not the foreskin. Would it be possible to keep the foreskin in tact and remove the skin which has spots on it?

Hope you can help.
Thanks, steve.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:20 pm

User avatar Hi Steve83,

I would recommend you see a urologist if you are wanting a circumcision.

If you are wanting to have the circumcision to correct the white pumps you are describing I do not think this will help you.

Depending on what the spots are there may be a treatment for them. Usually, surgical removal of skin lesions will result in a small scar taking their place.

The urologist can discuss the risks/benefits of circumcision including recovery times with you so you can make an informed decision.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us