Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: just passed kidney stones...weird feelings..

kodiak - Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:54 pm

Yesterday morning around 5am i woke up with severe pain in my back, groing area. i went to the hospital, 2 hours later i gave birth to 3 healthy stones.

The problem is that since then i've had the weird feeling that i have to urinate non stop. It feels like after you 'pee', and there's just a little bit left... but there never is. it's a bit better today, but i'm wondering if this is normal, maybe just organs are sensitive due to a rock going thru...could there still be a problem? or is this normal? If it is normal, how long before it usually goes away?

Thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:01 am

User avatar Dear Kodiak,

Very normal feeling and events. This is known as post-obstruction polyuria. It should get better in the next few days.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us