Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Erectile Dysfunction

somethingzwrong - Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:18 am

I am a 53 y.o. WM with an erection problem that began thusly: 3 months ago, about 6 hours after vigorous intercourse with my wife, I experienced a sudden lancinating pain that started in my perineum and traveled down the length of my penis. This lasted only about 15 to 30 seconds, then stopped. Since that time, when sexually aroused, my penis will get erect, but only about 2/3 of its length. The distal 1/3 including the glans will remain flaccid. There is a slight upward curvature of the distal 1/3 that was not previously present. I can achieve orgasm, though it is more difficult to do so. I have no pain, there is no discharge nor lesions. I should mention that I have had 2 episodes of prostatitis about 10 years ago that resulted in a hospitalization, and a left varicocele, otherwise healthy. No family history of note. Current meds are ECASA 81mg qd and a multivitamin qd. Thank you for your time, and yes, I am a medical professional.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:30 am

User avatar I'm sorry nobody was available to answer your question in a more timely manner. I hope by now you have seen a urologist, which would be my recommendation. It is possible to do damage so you need to have this evaluated.