Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Lifting heavy object caused bleeding from penis

c&c - Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Hello,

My question is about my 45 yr old husband. He was lifting a heavy object when he felt something "pop" in the testicale area within a few minutes he felt something running down his leg. It was a large amount of blood coming from his penis. It lasted about an hour and has now quit. We are somewhat concerned, do you have any ideas of what could have caused this? Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:18 pm

User avatar Hi C&C,

Most likely a blood vessel burst due to the increased pressure that occurs when straining to lift heavy objects. If the bleeding has stopped and there are no other symptoms it will likely heal well. If the bleeding returns or if there are other symptoms like pain I would recommend he see his doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us