Question: I have o.a.b. and spastic bladder.

Diligent - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Hi to all,

I have had urodynamics done for urge incontinence,urgency,frequency,and incontinence?
I got my results last week i have to go in next friday to do intermittent self catherization i have done it 3 times already am not looking foward to this as might be permenant and iam worried this is the start of M.S I have been having symptoms for about a year and a half.

My urologist said hes reffering me to neurologist but not got appt yet,i am also having constipation and leakage from bowels also.

If neurologist sent me for Mri scan would lesions show up by now.

Iam on ditropan for the above?

Please could u advise.

Diligent.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:41 pm

User avatar MS is a very hard condition to diagnose in the early stages. A certain percentage of people will show the lesions on the MRI but even if no lesions show up, you could still have the disease so a negative test does not necessarily give you the feeling of relief you would like. If lesions are present it could aid in a faster diagnosis.

I am glad to see you sign your name, Diligent. I think that says you are willing to keep trying until you find answers. Sometimes this is exactly what is needed - time and patience. I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful. Stay with your neurologist and don't give up.