Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Prostatitis cure

neooftrinity - Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:29 pm

I am 26 year old male and was recently diagnosed with prostatitis. The only symptom I had was frequent urination. I went to see an urologist and he did DRE and concluded that I have prostatitis and put me on prescription medicine for 6 weeks.

I did not have any pain before I went to the doctor. However few hours after my visit I started feeling little pain in my pelvic area. I have never had such a pain before. However the pain is not very heavy. If I touch the area from outside I do not feel the pain. It seems the pain is internal. It does not stop me from doing any work. I still do my workout the normal way I used to do. However even after 5 days I still have a feeling in my pelvis area. The pain is very light and does not prevent me from doing anything. However it just worries me since I thought it would probably be because of DRE and would probably go away after a few days. It has been better but it hasn't gone away completely. Please advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 pm

User avatar This does not sound alarming. I would give it time to take care of itself. If after several weeks you are still having pain or it has become worse, see your doctor again.

Good luck.
 neooftrinity - Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks for advice.

The pain finally went away for about 3-4 days but showed up again after that starting as very light ache and increasing. Its still very light but now its going on for about a week. Does this sound alarming? I have my next check up about 3 weeks later. Should I wait or consult the doctor?
 redskuyt18 - Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:41 pm

I have had chronic prostatitis 4 11 yrs now. I have had loads of anti-boiotics,doesnt work. Any ideas please???
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:16 am

User avatar Hello,Chronic prostatits could be bacterial or non bacterial .The second type would not respond to antibiotics.This may require physical therapy or antidepressants if the pain is disturbing.Alpha adrenergic blocing drugs are also used.The treatment could help you but this problem could be a frustating one.Chronic bacterial prostatitis could recur too despite antibiotic therapy.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us