Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Painful Ejaculation

ws7678 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:04 pm

I am a 31 year old male. Approximatly 1 month ago I had a 1200lb horse rare up and fall back on me. The saddle horn landed on my scrotum and right pelvic area. It tore through my jeans and boxers and I had a small cut approximatly 1/2 inch to the right of my penis on my pelvic area. SInce the accident I have healed and at first had no major problems. About 1 weeks ago I developed a pain in the area where the cut was. The pain is only present when I ejaculate. The pain is severe enough that it will bring tears to my eyes. At this time there is no DCAP-BTLS or decreptis. What might be causing this and what should I do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:06 pm

User avatar Hi Ws7678,

You may want to see a urologist about this. There are a few possible things going on. It may be that your testes/epididymus are bruised. Ejaculation causes semen to move through these structures and can cause pain if there is inflammation.

It may also be that there is some scar tissue compressing the vas deferens leading to increased pressure on the testis/epididymus when ejaculation occurs.

The urologist will be best able to evaluate this and recommend treatment for you.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us