Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: BLOOD IN SPERM

harley39 - Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 pm

39, male, no past diagnoses or surgeries, no family history or on any meds I injured my right testicle 4 days ago, I have notice blood in my sperm, first time was darker red brown and now a yellowish red tint in sperm I have slight pain to tender to touch, no blood in urine I have no swelling and its not red or burised. will it clear up on its own or ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:15 pm

User avatar Hi there,

I think you should have it checked immediately. Generally speaking blood in sperm is caused by either an inflammation of the prostate (bleeding at the begining of the ejaculate) or the seminal vesicles (bleeding at the end of the ejaculate).

The extent of trauma to these organs needs to be assessed to be sure and safe. Hopefully it would be nothing to worry about.

Good luck and keep us updated.