Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: infections and tests show everything good

izakarrg - Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:36 pm

I'm 26m with spina bifida and in a wheelchair i can not feel from the waist down. i've had a urine infection since the end of july and medication had not cleared it up. I've had a CAT scan done recently and also blood work and a cystoscopy done and everything came out fine. The cysto showed influmation of the bladder in the cat scan and in the cysto that is all it showed. I cath as well. I'm now going to another urologist and he wants to redo the test himself and biopsy. I'm eating well and I think what makes me sick is worrying about the test being redone and having to have a biopsy. With all the tests and blood work that has been done should I worry about a biopsy? Wednesday I will have a neorogenic bladder ultrasound. I have taken cipro and bactrum and at first those always worked till july they have not. I have had a jenamysan shot and that did nothign as well until i went into ER the day after i had the first cysto done. I went in due to having real bad back and chest preasure as if someone was standing on me. They did a chest xray and blood work and and EKG and it all came out fine. They gave me a IV and let a strong drug run that lasted 24 hours. I saw my MD and he gave me a shot of jenamysan two days in a row and that is when i went back on cipro this time it looked like it had worked. Few days ago recently is when I had blood and why i am now seeing this urologist which is a second urologist. The first one who I had seen was not who i was going to see but due to it being so bad I had ot get in with someone quick and I feel like this one took forever to do anything. this one I'm seeing now is the one who I was orginally going to see but at the time this all started he was booked.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:43 am

User avatar I wish I could give you some good answers here but the best I can do is wish you luck with this urologist. Hopefully he will be able to determine the cause of the trouble and find a solution. Not knowing what is going on is very stressful.

I can't guess what happened with the chest pain/pressure but it sounds like the major concerns were ruled out when you saw the doctor. I think you are in competent hands.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us