Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: infections and tests show everything good

izakarrg - Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:36 pm

I'm 26m with spina bifida and in a wheelchair i can not feel from the waist down. i've had a urine infection since the end of july and medication had not cleared it up. I've had a CAT scan done recently and also blood work and a cystoscopy done and everything came out fine. The cysto showed influmation of the bladder in the cat scan and in the cysto that is all it showed. I cath as well. I'm now going to another urologist and he wants to redo the test himself and biopsy. I'm eating well and I think what makes me sick is worrying about the test being redone and having to have a biopsy. With all the tests and blood work that has been done should I worry about a biopsy? Wednesday I will have a neorogenic bladder ultrasound. I have taken cipro and bactrum and at first those always worked till july they have not. I have had a jenamysan shot and that did nothign as well until i went into ER the day after i had the first cysto done. I went in due to having real bad back and chest preasure as if someone was standing on me. They did a chest xray and blood work and and EKG and it all came out fine. They gave me a IV and let a strong drug run that lasted 24 hours. I saw my MD and he gave me a shot of jenamysan two days in a row and that is when i went back on cipro this time it looked like it had worked. Few days ago recently is when I had blood and why i am now seeing this urologist which is a second urologist. The first one who I had seen was not who i was going to see but due to it being so bad I had ot get in with someone quick and I feel like this one took forever to do anything. this one I'm seeing now is the one who I was orginally going to see but at the time this all started he was booked.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:43 am

User avatar I wish I could give you some good answers here but the best I can do is wish you luck with this urologist. Hopefully he will be able to determine the cause of the trouble and find a solution. Not knowing what is going on is very stressful.

I can't guess what happened with the chest pain/pressure but it sounds like the major concerns were ruled out when you saw the doctor. I think you are in competent hands.