Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: UTI ???

donestart - Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:10 am

Miserable please help! Am 54 in good health generally. Have had itching around the anus and vulva for past few days and now experiencing frequency (every five mins!) and some pain on urination. Am not sexually active.
Took a five day course of ciprofloxacino two weeks ago for a klibsiella infection in the urine. Could this be related?
Many thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:23 pm

User avatar Hi Donestart,

You may have a recurrent infection. This can occur do to a new infection or, less commonly, the original infection was not quite treated sufficiently and reemerged.

I would suggest you see your doctor again to be tested for another UTI.

The itching sounds like it may actually be a fungal/yeast infection of the skin. You may want to try an anti-fungal cream for this to see if it helps.

Best wishes.
 donestart - Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:23 am

Thankyou for your reply. I have submitted another urine sample and am due to pick up the results tomorrow. Meantime I will buy some anti-fungal cream.
I have been drinking fresh ginger in hot water and this seems to have eased the symptoms considerably.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us