Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: UTI ???

donestart - Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:10 am

Miserable please help! Am 54 in good health generally. Have had itching around the anus and vulva for past few days and now experiencing frequency (every five mins!) and some pain on urination. Am not sexually active.
Took a five day course of ciprofloxacino two weeks ago for a klibsiella infection in the urine. Could this be related?
Many thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:23 pm

User avatar Hi Donestart,

You may have a recurrent infection. This can occur do to a new infection or, less commonly, the original infection was not quite treated sufficiently and reemerged.

I would suggest you see your doctor again to be tested for another UTI.

The itching sounds like it may actually be a fungal/yeast infection of the skin. You may want to try an anti-fungal cream for this to see if it helps.

donestart - Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:23 am

Thankyou for your reply. I have submitted another urine sample and am due to pick up the results tomorrow. Meantime I will buy some anti-fungal cream.
I have been drinking fresh ginger in hot water and this seems to have eased the symptoms considerably.