Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: clear bumps on penis after sex

EBD - Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm 19 years old and have only had one girlfriend. We've been together for acouple years and i have never had any sexual experience with anyone but her. I have noticed that after sex, on occasion, small eraser-sized bumbs appear on my penis. They have shown up for a couple years but they just go away after a while. Maybe two to three weeks.

Like I said, I've only ever been with my girlfriend so I doubt it could be an STI. Can it be transferred to her? Is it an STI? I don't know what it could be.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:44 pm

User avatar Hi EBD,

There are a few possibilities I can think of off hand. It may be that you are getting some bumps from friction, similar to a contact dermatitis. It may also be that you have some skin pores that become clogged and resolve on their own.

Pearly Penile Papules often look like you are describing although they are less likely to come and go.

If there is ANY chance of an STD I always recommend testing to be sure. These are often asymptomatic in men. Your description doesn't really sound like an STD but its best to be sure.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us