Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: frequent urination

 anonymous11223345 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:03 am

i am suffering from frequent urination from 5-6 years (male,22 years old, from india) .i continually feel an urge to urinate but not urinating in large amounts. I feel that i am fully emptying my bladder each time. In
the years of the adolescence, i used to squeeze my genitals between my legs, masturbating but not letting the seman out repeatedly . I think that
these abnormal activities must have caused this condition for me.And not consulting doctor over the years would have worsned the problem.Urine test didnt show any infection .I didnt have any urinary problems in the childhood .Otherwise, i am healthy and play sports as well. I havent been diagnosed relating to this before.Nobody from my family has had such problem.
Please guide me as to how i can overcome my condition and become normal
thanks in advance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:35 pm

User avatar Hi Anonymous11223345,

You may have a stricture (narrowing) of your urethra or some enlargement of your prostate constricting your urethra. I would recommend you see a urologist for further evaluation of your condition.

Best wishes.
 anonymous11223345 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:26 am

Thank you very much Dr. Lowe
Although I had consulted urologist and had scans done and it didnt show enlarged prostrate or urethral stricture, i would consult again. Urologists here don't seem to understand my problem and say its just psycological which is not true.
Any further inputs are appreciated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us