Question: Lube for Cathater

mlh726 - Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 am

I recently had the urethra dialated in my penis and have a cathater in. There is some discharge from the tip of the penis onto the cathater. This discharge dries quickly and becomes very crusty and causes pain. Is there antthing I can apply to the tip of the penis to keep everything moistened so the discharge won't dry and cause pain? I thought about zinc oxide since they use it for diaper rash, etc. but I wasn't sure if it would react with the cathater.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:50 pm

User avatar Hi Mlh726,

I would recommend you use a moisturizing lubricant such as KY jelly to keep the area moist. This type of lubricant should not cause problems with the catheter.