Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: very purple vein on top of penis

guy28 - Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:19 pm

I am a 28yr old male and within the last year I have noticed a vein on the top of my penis near the base turn very very purple. Its not raised or anything, and It's not painful. But it was never like that before. I have not seen a doctor about it, and just wanted to get you pro opinions.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:16 pm

User avatar Hi Guy28,

This is most likely simply a normal variation. Veins can vary in color over time. Purple would not be particularly concerning.

The next time you are in for a check up you may want your doctor to take a quick look just to make sure everything is ok.