Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Reddish pee. No pain, frequent pee...

xprncsx - Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:29 pm

I am a 19 year old female. I have been neeing to pee like every 20 minutes if not more The past few times I have gone, there is a little blood in my pee. Now there are small clumps coming out. It's sort of like when you are on your period, but only when i pee. Please help. Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:00 am

It looks like you may have a urinary tract infection (UTI). Frequency is defined as more than 5 or 6 times during the day. Both frequency and hematuria can result from this condition. Classically it would present with difficulty during urination (dysuria) especially if the bladder is infected (cystitis) but there are always exceptions to this. Cystitis may also present with suprapubic pain and tenderness.

Both dysuria and frequency together with urgency and nocturia (waking up at night to pee) are known together as irritative symptoms and strongly suggest a UTI. The presence of fever could indicate an infection in the kidney (pyelonephritis). The presence of clumps in urine could be dead tissue (necrosis) as a result of the inflammation.

In any case I would strongly recommend that you visit your doctor as your condition needs to be properly assessed.

Please update this thread after you have visited your physician.

brat - Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 am

I did suffer from UTI whan I was 15. Normally it can be cured by antibiotics but firstly you must go under some tests by your doctor. I was prescribed with ceclor when I got this problem. You can talk about it to your doctor. Hope this information helps you.
 xprncsx - Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 am

Thanks for all the reesponses, and so quick too... It turned out to be a ruptured ovarian cyst (sp?). But a UTI was definately one of the possibilities. Thanks again!!