Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Left Testicle Pain and Lower Back Pain

Shamrockboy - Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 pm

The other day while sitting in a chair, my left testicle got forced up toward my abdomen and felt like it got twisted. It gives you that feeling like you've been kicked in it but it usually goes away if you leave it alone and it re-positions itself and the pain goes away. While the testicle is no longer near my abdomen it hasn't re-positioned itself and for over 24 hours I've had testiclular pain which has now spread to my left, lower back. My right testicle does have a hydrocele that I haven't had taken care of yet. Anyone think it's related? I'm not in unbearable pain and haven't had to take any over the counter meds for it.
I'm not sure what I should do next.
Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:04 am

User avatar Hi Shamrockboy,

If you are continuing to have pain I would recommend you have this evaluated. Most likely you are simply still having some residual pain from the initial trauma. It may also be some bruising that is causing your pain.

Testicular twisting (called testicular torsion) is actually a surgical emergency because the twisting cuts off blood flow to the testis. In six to eight hours the testis can become unrepairable if blood flow is not restored. This condition is very, very painful so I doubt that this is what is going on in your case.