Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Left Testicle Pain and Lower Back Pain

Shamrockboy - Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 pm

The other day while sitting in a chair, my left testicle got forced up toward my abdomen and felt like it got twisted. It gives you that feeling like you've been kicked in it but it usually goes away if you leave it alone and it re-positions itself and the pain goes away. While the testicle is no longer near my abdomen it hasn't re-positioned itself and for over 24 hours I've had testiclular pain which has now spread to my left, lower back. My right testicle does have a hydrocele that I haven't had taken care of yet. Anyone think it's related? I'm not in unbearable pain and haven't had to take any over the counter meds for it.
I'm not sure what I should do next.
Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:04 am

User avatar Hi Shamrockboy,

If you are continuing to have pain I would recommend you have this evaluated. Most likely you are simply still having some residual pain from the initial trauma. It may also be some bruising that is causing your pain.

Testicular twisting (called testicular torsion) is actually a surgical emergency because the twisting cuts off blood flow to the testis. In six to eight hours the testis can become unrepairable if blood flow is not restored. This condition is very, very painful so I doubt that this is what is going on in your case.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us