Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: penis lenghtening reversal

 knowledge - Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:39 am


I had a penis lenghtening procedure done about 10 years ago, where the suspensory ligament was cut. And I am not to happy with it. As my penis feels loose and 'not anchored'.

Is it possible to get it reattached? Can ligaments reattach themselves? Are there any alternative means to stimulate healing of ligaments?

Thanks for the advise.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:06 am

User avatar Hi Knowledge,

I'm not particularly knowledgeable of this procedure but I'll tell you what I know. Cut ligaments are very unlikely to reattach. To my knowledge this does not occur. They can sometimes be surgically repaired to get them to heal.

I've not heard of reversal for this procedure but it may be possible. I would recommend that you talk with a urologist about this to see if there is a reversal procedure.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us