Question: kidney stones

lijones42 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:33 am

29 year old female. I went to the er on Friday and was diagnosed with kidney stones. I am supposed to be straining urine for stones/samples. I am also taking birth control pills regularly to regulate my period. I am supposed to begin my period this week. I was wondering what to do since I am supposed to be straining the urine.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:48 pm

User avatar Hi Lijones42,

While it may be unpleasant to you, the blood will not interfere with the stone analysis. I would suggest you continue to strain your urine as you have been.

Analyzing the stone can help determine what type of stone you have to help get a specific treatment for you.