Question: Numbness/Pain for couple of days after masturbation

RDgcc - Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi ,
I'm a 24 year old male with no past medical history.
After masturbating about a week back , I felt a pain on the left lower abdomen after climax. The pain persisted a couple of days.
I've had a loss of sexual drive for the last one week after that.
It didn't occur to me that this happened directly after masturbation, so my doctor said they might be kidney stones and advised to drink a lot of water.
There were a few red blood cells in my urine.
The pain is now gone but there is a strange numbness and I don't feel sexually driven. Was wondering if this would pass easily or should I see a urologist?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:58 pm

User avatar Hi RDgcc,

There are a few possibilities. It may simply be that your testis was strained during the event. This is basically similar to a sprained ankle that will take a little bit to improve.

If the numbness/pain you are feeling doesn't begin to get better in the next few days I would suggest you see your primary doctor for an evaluation. If further evaluation is needed, a urologist would be appropriate.