Question: question about my girlfriend's health: blood in urine...

jammastervivi - Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:09 pm

okay...

this morning, my girlfriend found blood in her urine. she said it didn't hurt when she went, but that after she was done going to the bathroom she was limping a bit.

however, through out the rest of the day, she hasn't had blood in her urine since. it was only that -one- time today that it happened. then in my car she felt nautious. she said afterwards it was probably motion sickness.

i've read up on what it might be, and i'm thinking uti. the thing is that it only happened that one time and there was no burning sensation when it did happen, just the limping afterward.

the other thing i'm afriad of is pregnancy. we have not had vaginal intercourse, but we have fooled around. yesterday, my fingers went really deep, but not much deeper than usual. so i my have accidentally torn the hymen and that could have been what happened, but i heard that when the hymen is torn, it's almost instantaneous bleeding, or would the hymen just discharge when she urinated? and on that note, wouldn't the hymen come out of a different opening from urine?

i'm really confused here. she has had nausea before, maybe three or four times and had nausea yesterday afternoon. we figured it was the heat in my car (which i really need to do something about) because that is what caused her to be nauseous every time she's been nauseous around me. but nausea is also a sign of pregnancy and can you tell i'm really nervous here?

any possible diagnosis or advice would be helpful...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:06 am

User avatar Hello jammastervivi,

The bleeding episode could have been the result of trauma. The bleeding in that case should have been instantaneous but can in some cases be delayed. Urinary tract infection is another possibility but as you stated when not accompanied by other urinary tract symptoms it becomes less likely. If this episode should recurr then you should bring it to medical attention asap.

I don't see from your story how she could be pregnant.

jammastervivi - Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:48 pm

thank you

i asked her what her blood clot thing was, and she told me it is something her mom has more than her. she doesn't even know the name of it, but if i can find it we will post it.

again, thanks.

i'll try not to double post again ^_^