Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Concerns about "safe" sex

Averagedude - Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 pm

I know it is widely known that "protection" is the best way to stay safe from the burdens of pregnancy and STD/STI, but what about the physical risks of "rough sex"?

I have, and this just came off the top of my head last night, "jammed" my penis during heavy thrusting. The definition of a "jam" is not clear to me but the action is "miss thrusting" due to the girl moving slightly and me making contact with her, outside the vagina.

IS this common? (as I have done it 3-4 times)

are there health risks?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 am

User avatar Yes, there is a risk involved her and the corpus cavernosum can rupture. These are columns of erectile tissue and this fracture may require surgery to repair full function and obtain cosmetic recovery. Best to be somewhat cautious here.

I hope this answers your questions.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us