Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Scrotal Cellulitis and sore scar

clmontgomery - Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:22 pm

2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Scrotal Cellulitis,. for the doctor prescribed Cephalex 500mg (4 times /day for 14 days), tomorrow is my last day. Yesterday morning, I began to take Tylenol 3 (with codeine) for some pain, in all, I took 3 T3's over 8 hours apart. As of yesterday afternoon, a scar from an inguinal hernia operation that I had about 14 yrs ago, began giving me pain when touched. The pain is localized to the scar line (tissue) itself and jolts me with a shock of pain when even brushed past with my hand or even pants and underwear. I am wondering what this sudden pain may be caused by. I have stopped taking the T3`s.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:06 am

User avatar Hi Clmontgomery,

I would recommend you have this evaluated by your doctor. It may be that the infection has moved deeper or become resistant to the antibiotic you were on. It may also be that you have some lymph nodes in the area that have become inflamed and tender.