Question: Pain After Ejaculatoin

frostkman - Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:44 am

I have read many forums but haven't found anyone with these exact symptoms. I have been tested for STD's and I am completely clean. When I have sex or masturbate I feel no pain, but after ejaculation there is a throbbing pain feeling along the shaft of penis. It is not in any specific spot and does not hurt at the tip or testicles. The pain is in the muscle along the shaft and last for about 3-4 hours after ejaculation. After that the pain goes away and does not return until after ejaculation occurs again. I am not having rough or aggressive sex. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:42 pm

User avatar Hi Frostkman,

I'm not certain what would be causing this pain. Perhaps you have a strained muscle or some inflammation of the spongy part of the penis that fills with blood to cause an erection. I would expect that both these would present with pain before ejaculation though.

Given that the pain starts after ejaculation it makes me wonder if you have some inflammation of the urethra or the vessels that carry semen. If this were the case, the pain may be triggered by the semen flowing through the vessels. This type of inflammation is commonly caused by STD's but it can also be caused by various viral infections as well.

If this pain continues I would recommend you see a urologist for further evaluation.