Question: Spot and bleeding on penis rim

hawkltc - Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:09 am

I recently noticed several small (pin head size) discolorations (red to purple) on the rim of my penis head. They resemble varicose veins I have elsewhere on my legs. One was very slightly palpable and soft and developed what appeared to be a piece of dried skin on the side. During the night I scratch the spot and it began bleeding profusely. It bled bright, new blood profusely, probably about a tablespoon or so before it stopped with pressure. Reminded me of a nose bleed.

The spot is still visible as a scab no bigger than a pin head. No particular swelling or other symptoms in the area and no pain ever
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:23 am

User avatar Hi Hawkltc,

It sounds like what you may be seeing are capillary hemangiomas. These are small collections of blood vessels that can form basically anywhere in the body. They are not dangerous but can bleed a fair amount if they are broken open.

If you notice that there are beginning to be more of these or if they seem to be getting larger I would suggest you have your doctor evaluate this.

hawkltc - Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks Dr. Lowe,

After the very small resultant scab fell off the spot is completely gone
 hawkltc - Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:48 pm

My current physician is bullying me into a variety of tests and procedures that I do not want to do.

She has told me that she will not continue prescribing my blood pressure medication unless I agree to a complete physical and a variety of other tests.

How can I find a primary care physician or internist who is willing to work with me in managing my health care and respect my limitations and desires?

I find a number of phsycian referral services but none that allow me to communicate with a physician first nor submit a more sophisticated matching profile