Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Had TURP now saying GreenLight™ Laser Therapy

b8tzm - Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:58 pm

I had a turp that wasn't really successful. I went to another urology doctor who said (2 months after TURP) I have knuckles on my prostate and is recommending GreenLight™ Laser Therapy.

Are knuckles normal right after a TURP? How effective is GreenLight™ Laser Therapy. I have a big bladder and retain a lot of fluid even right after peeing. The doctor said the green light will help the flo out of the bladder also.

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:14 am

User avatar Hi b8tzm,
Generally speaking when a TURP procedure is effective for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), the problem associated with urination is solved. Greenlight laser therapy essentially disintegrates the overgrowth of tissue that obstructs the bladder that has caused difficulty urinating or incomplete emptying of the bladder.One cause of bladder enlargement is due to retention of urine and stretching of the bladder. I hope this information is helpful. Best wishes.
 b8tzm - Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:15 pm

I was taking Flomax and having ejactulation issues, then my Doctor switched me to Uroxatrol and i don't have that problem even after the TURP

Will I have a problem with ejactulation after the Green Light Laser?