Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Severe Crotch Pain - 1+ month

ConfusedinCali - Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:59 pm

I have had severe crotch pain which essentially encompasses the penis, the testicles, and the muscle between the testicle base and the anus. I have had an extensive workup including a CAT scan (pelvic region), blood, physical etc., but nothing has been found wrong or out of place. I am currently taking Norco every 4 hours for pain relief.

How can this be? How can I be in so much pain and yet "nothing is wrong"?

Please I am desparate for any possible explanation for this. I have not given a detailed description of the pain (trying to keep this message short) but can do so if you like. Without Norco it is quite painful to even walk. My life is literally on hold until this somehow gets better.

Thank you for any suggestions or Refs,

Completely ConfusedinCali
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:35 pm

User avatar Hello ConfusedinCali,

Your pain may be do to a few things I can think of. It may be that you have a compressed nerve that supplies the groin region causing your pain. It may also be a condition called a torsed appendix testis. This is when there is a small amount of testicular tissue that is outside the testis. It typically has its own blood flow and can twist cutting off the blood flow. When this happens it is extremely painful until the appendix testis dies and the pain stops. I would have expected evidence of this to have been seen on a CT scan though.

Seeing a urologist is definitely an appropriate step to help determine what is causing your pain.