Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Severe Crotch Pain - 1+ month

 ConfusedinCali - Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:59 pm


I have had severe crotch pain which essentially encompasses the penis, the testicles, and the muscle between the testicle base and the anus. I have had an extensive workup including a CAT scan (pelvic region), blood, physical etc., but nothing has been found wrong or out of place. I am currently taking Norco every 4 hours for pain relief.

How can this be? How can I be in so much pain and yet "nothing is wrong"?

Please I am desparate for any possible explanation for this. I have not given a detailed description of the pain (trying to keep this message short) but can do so if you like. Without Norco it is quite painful to even walk. My life is literally on hold until this somehow gets better.

Thank you for any suggestions or Refs,

Completely ConfusedinCali
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:35 pm

User avatar Hello ConfusedinCali,

Your pain may be do to a few things I can think of. It may be that you have a compressed nerve that supplies the groin region causing your pain. It may also be a condition called a torsed appendix testis. This is when there is a small amount of testicular tissue that is outside the testis. It typically has its own blood flow and can twist cutting off the blood flow. When this happens it is extremely painful until the appendix testis dies and the pain stops. I would have expected evidence of this to have been seen on a CT scan though.

Seeing a urologist is definitely an appropriate step to help determine what is causing your pain.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us