Question: Possible Minor penile fracture?

Colbi Renwish - Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Doctor,

I did read the other post titled "broken penis", but my case sounds a little different so i figured I'd ask. During intercourse about a year ago, my girlfriend accidentally pulled my erect penis to hard in a downward motion. At which point we heard a light cracking/popping sound, but i experienced no pain what so ever. Because of the lack of pain we continued with no problems. I didn't experience any pain or bruising at any point, and everything appeared normal. A while after the incident (4-5 months later) I noticed that it has began to curve a little bit and began to experience minor pain on the left side of my penis at the base, right where it enters the body, and on my left testicle. I went to the urologist and he said my pain was caused by a swollen vein, and it could be corrected with surgery if it continued to bother me, but was not essential. However, i did not mention what happened earlier with my girlfriend. So, that explains the pain, but not the curvature. Note that I am note that i am 19 years old, so it might be possible that it has just naturally begun to curve. I just want to know if the curve in my penis could have been caused by the incident with my girlfriend, and if it could have also caused the swollen vein. Also, if there is anything i should about the situation.

Thanks,
Colbi R.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:43 am

Some curvature is very normal and not uncommon. It does not interfere with sexual function and since you have seen a doctor to rule out any more serious damage I think you can be confident you are OK. These traumas do happen at times and usually there is no long-term damage. I would not be concerned unless you develop other symptoms such as pain.

Best wishes