Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: I believe i have a very bad uti

Veritas - Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 am

Hi, i am a healthy 24 year old male, i have only had unprotected sex with my gf of a year who was checked for stds after our relationship and tested negative. My problem is for the past year or so i have had pain while urinating, sometimes it feels like i have to pass a river and i get a weak stream, i have pain in my lower belly, i cant maintain an erection effectively, i do not have any sores or lesions. After i urinate ill be fine and then i will feel like i have to go again or that i can pass more urine and i get nothing. Also after i urinate i see some small amount of fluid leave my penis..I did have a catheter the year before when the symptoms started..sometimes i have pain in my thigh, the symptoms have seen to have gotten worse and ontop of that it is a daily occurance. It feels like i can constantly pass urine and sometimes i do..i constantly pass fluid or urine if i try. I also sometimes have a burning sensation when i urinate
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:07 pm

User avatar Hello,
The only way to diagnose a UTI is to have a urinalysis. While these are uncommon in men, they do happen so you should see your doctor. If you do have infection it is important to get treatment before it travels to kidneys and beyond - this can be serious.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us