Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: glans penis wrinkled irritated appearance

 huey - Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 am

29 yr old circumsized
Over the past year and a half I have noticed my glans penis changing. It started with a few barely noticeable skin colored bumps but has gone from a smooth to a wrinkled, crackled, blotchy irritated appearance. It doesn't itch, hurt or burn but psychologically its killing me. I have been tested for the whole std lineup about 9 months ago b/c of a yellowish white discharge. They gave me two abx in the office but my results came back negative on everything. I have been to two doctors since( dermatologist and urologist ) because of the unhealthy appearance. They both said there was nothing to worry about but it has become worse since then. I remembered my ex girlfriend, who I had just started dating when all this started, said she was prone to yeast infections. I thought maybe I had balanitis as a result of being with her. I started applying lotrimin a week and a half ago and has seen a slight improvement. If this is the issue, how long should it take before I'm back to normal. Please...., any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!! This is destroying me in what I feel like is the prime of my life....
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:28 am

User avatar Hello Huey,

The penis can become infected with yeast, commonly referred to as jock itch. A typical treatment time for this infection is at least 2 weeks. Treatment should be continued until about a week after the rash has resolved. If the rash isn't improving after 2 weeks I would suggest you follow up with your doctor for a re-evaluation.

There are other possibilities so if the treatment for a fungal infection is not improving seeing your doctor again for a re-evaluation is important.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us