Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Icy Hot inserted into penis

tradestocks - Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Are there any major medical issues with inserting objects coated with Icy Hot into the penis or anus? The burning is desired but not sure if it is safe.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:01 pm

User avatar Hello Tradestocks,

I would recommend against this. There are a few dangers. First, inserting objects into the urethra can cause trauma that can lead to swelling and scarring, which in turn can lead to occlusion of the urethra.

Icy Hot should not be used on mucous membranes including the urethra. There is potential for a chemical burn or irritation that also could lead to inflammation and scarring.

Best wishes.
 tradestocks - Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 am

Is there something you could recommend that would give the same burning effect but that would be safe?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:12 pm

User avatar Hi again,

To my knowledge, nothing would do this. Sorry I can't help you on this one.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us