Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Curvature Of The Penis, 14, No Symptoms of Peyrones Disease

 coolio - Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm 14 and have a very noticeable left hand curvature in the penis.
This only occurs during erections. I am quite sure it isn't Peyrones disease as there is no sign of a hard lump (or plaque) anywhere along the penis.
I am not currently sexually active so this has not become a problem but if there is some kind of treatment/exercise that can either permanently or temporarily straighten the penis then I would benefit massively from it as I still have a few years before I am likely to become sexually active.
I would be most great full if you would be able to advise me in any way.
Many Thanks,
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:20 pm

User avatar Hello Coolio,

In severe cases, there may be some surgical corrective procedures that can be done to straighten the penis. However, the curvature would need to be quite severe and interfering with function. To my knowledge, short of surgery, I am not aware of any other corrective methods. This certainly does not mean that there aren't any other treatments options, though, only that I don't know them.

Penile curvature is actually quite common and nearly always ends up allowing normal functioning. If you are concerned that there may be problems with functioning I would recommend you discuss this with your primary care doctor. If needed, a urologist would be the specialist to see.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us