Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Do i have a UTI or something more serious?

jrw - Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:35 pm

Dr.Doctor,
i am a foreign student going to college in New York and my doctor is back home so i am looking to u for answers.
After having sex i recently have been getting a burning sensation while urinating. i also had a slight itch. the burning sensation is most common in the mornings. I need some professional advice on what the problem is. I was also reading about medications such as doxycycline and tetracycline. Is this what i need for my situation?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:12 am

User avatar Hi jrw,
Some symptoms of urinary tract infections are itching, burning with urination, and sometimes noticing blood in the urine. The treatment for a UTI is with antibiotics.