Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Transsexual Urinating Blood

IngridGeelong - Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:09 am

I am a pre-operative male to female transsexual. I have been taking female hormones and testosterone blockers for three years (Progynova 6mg daily) & (Aldactone 300mg daily). Today I noticed a small amount of blood after urinating. There is no pain, but an uncomfortable feeling inside the head of my penis(feels like not all the urine came out). An hour has now passed and I'm starting to feel a slight tension below my belly but above my pubic bone. I did stop taking my medications for four days due to running out, and restarted my usual regiment today, four hours before I noticed the blood.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:04 am

User avatar Hi,
Passing blood in the urine should always be fully investigated.You must consult a urologist who would perhaps(after a thorough physical exam) request some laboratory tests,an ultrasound , a urinary culture etc.
I hope you had done so and feel OK by now. Please let us know the progress you are making.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us