Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: 2 Redish yellow bumps on penis

bassbeast - Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:41 pm

Well im 16 years old and ive never had sex or oral sex. A while ago i noticed a reddish yellow lump on the underside bottem center of my shaft. I decided to monitor it first before doing anything and it seemed to shrink a tiny bit. after a few months i noticed another one forming, this time still on the underside and in the center, but on the top half of my shaft a bit above midway. It is red were it attaches to the shaft but the bump is yellow. They do not hurt, but i cant pop them. i really would like to know what could be done about this, please help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm

These lesions are probably the common and simple whitehead-like eruptions found commonly on the male apparatus. They can be due to inadequate hygeine, overproduction of oil by the skin, or sometimes due to irritation from masturbation or even tight underclothing. Try washing with mild soap and warm water once or more daily, followed by gentle drying with a clean, dry towel. If they don't disappear in a week or so, you might want to have a doctor look at them, as he may be able to prescribe something that will safely cause them to dry out and go away. Since you've had no sexual contact they are not STD-related (and especially not herpes, which can sometimes look like what you describe), so other than any minor discomfort they may cause they are very likely no cause for concern.

Best of luck to you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:49 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us updated.

jaykhn - Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm

I have reddish bumps near my penis, I’ve had these for some time, i have been to see my doctor already on two occasions for this and received antibiotics to cure, this initially helped but after some time the bumps re-appeared, i get 1 or two or sometimes even 3-4 at one time, they are painful and intially the doctor advised they are (cists) partly because they grow bigger and more painful and then eventually burst leaving mucus, though some of the smaller ones just disappear after some time, right now they still occur near my penis and also closer to the pubic hair growth area (the lower part of my belly), leaving reddish/pink skin, very dry and at times because the skin is so dry i get cuts which heal slowly over time. To provide some more information, I have had sex without protection some time ago, maybe 6 months or even longer prior to this problem; I would like to know if this problem may relate to a sexually related disease or is this just a eczema related problem? Can you please also advise what I should check-up to find out more, i.e. blood test and what else? thankyou.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:42 pm

This doesn't sound like eczema to me, mainly because of the discharge that appears when these lesions rupture. You also have a history of unprotected sex, so that adds to the possibility of this being a form of inquinal lymphadenopathy, possibly supperating lyphogranuloma. I need to ask about the size of these bumps and if there is any swelling beneath the skin as these lesions develop. Do they just appear spontaneously then eventually rupture and drain?

This needs to be cultured and blood work done to determine if you have some form of lymphadenopathy. While it is eminently curable via antibiotics, if left untreated it can cause some rather unpleasant symptoms, even though it may go into remission for long periods of time or even resolve on its own.

I wouldn't count on this going away on its own and, because of the history of unprotected sex, I'd be concerned that this may berelated to that encounter. It does sound a good deal like some sort of inquinal lymphadenopathy, some forms of which can, as I said earlier, this can lead to some rather unattractive complications if untreated. You may need to see a different doctor if this one continues to dismiss this as "just cysts."

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you. Please follow up with us as needed.
 882488248824 - Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm 16 and I have never had sex. But I have found a bump, almost like ance, on my penis. It has some sort of yellow gung in it like ance on my face would. It's red around the bump and I haven't tried to pop it because it's sore to touch. Really hope you guys can help!
Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm

User avatar Hello,These are small furuncles and nothing to worry about.Antibiotic creme application should do.