Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: neon urine after drinking 100 oz of water in a day

aekirk52 - Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm

I have been drinking around 100 oz of water per day for the last week or two in an attempt to cleanse my system. Yesterday I began taking an herble supplement that is designed for gentle everyday cleansing. It is a combination of many herbs. Since yesterday, even though I have continued to drink over 100 oz of water a day, my urine instead of becoming clear by the afternoon and evening, has turned neon yellow, much darker than I have normally seen it. I am still urinating frequently (due to the high amount of water intake) but it is not diluting like it normally should. Is this most likely just a result of the detoxifying herbs? I did notice it coincide with beginning the herbs. Should I be concerned?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm fairly certain the unusual urine color is due to the herbal supplement. This is not uncommon and it coincides, so this makes perfect sense. I'm more concerned about the volume of water you're taking in, as it is a remarkable amount, about 50 per cent more than what's considered "desirable" and a good deal more (naturally) than average. Just make certain you note any unsual symptoms, especially neurological ones, since this amount of water intake can, in some people, cause slight swelling of the brain. Otherwise, everything seems perfectly normal.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.