Question: Urethra pain/blood

dacooley - Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:34 pm

I am a 45 year old male, in 2001/2002 I had a cystoscopy/BiLateral IVP due to blood in my urine that was not resolved with time or meds. The Urologist found scar tissue in the urethra and lower part of the bladder that they removed. I have had no issues since until about a month ago. I noticed small blood spots in my underwear, and at times a pus like discharge, along with mild burning when I urinate. The Dr. ran a standard urinalysis, and it came back negative for anything... The day after the test, I was still seeing the discharge and visible blood. They ran not only a thorough urinalysis, with initial stream and mid-stream samples, and also tested blood and urine for gonorrhea and chlamydia and they also say they came back clean... They have done an abdominal ultrasound on the kidneys and bladder, and an abdominal CT and see nothing abnormal. I go in on the 19th of this month for a Cystoscopy to see what is wrong
I am trying to find out for myself what else it could possibly be, since even their lab says there is no blood, when I can see it with my own eyes...
Family history is pretty much limited to strokes, heart issues and high blood pressure... I have High Cholesterol, that is under control with meds. and hypogonadism
I am currently on the following:
Lopid 600mg twice daily
Zocor 20mg daily
Lamictal 300mg daily
Celexa 20mg daily
Seroquel 25mg daily
androgel 5g/5mg daily

Thanks in advance.
 dacooley - Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Had my Cystoscopy yesterday (Finally... Dr. cancelled 2 times)
Got to watch the monitor as he went thru. He said everything looked good. There were 2 small areas of scar tissue in the urethra, but nothing that he said could cause bleeding. Bladder looked good, all looked good thru the prostate as well.
He checked my PSA also, and it was 0.50, way down at the bottom of the scale.
His only thought was that maybe at times I have blood vessels that tear, like when you get a bloody nose. he put me on 5mg Finasteride daily to help reduce the size of any blood vessels in the urethra/prostate to see if that resolves the symptoms.