Question: Small bumps on head of penis

curious 1 - Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:08 am

about 18 months ago i noticed 1 tiny "white head" type bump on the tip of my penis. within a day or so it must have popped because it left a tiny divet where the tip of it was, and within 2 more days it was cleared up. It never burned, or itched, it just felt real sensitive at the time. since then i have noticed these bumps on 2 more occasions, the last time having about 4 little bumps on the left side of my penis head. They are usually gone before i can get in to see my specialist. I have been married for 6 years, both of us faithfull. The bumps are usually flesh colored, and painless. My wife has not reported having these bumps, nor has her annual check-ups revealed any, and having had 3 kids already she has had plenty of internal exams. any ideas????????
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:20 am

User avatar Hello,My cinical impression is that you have moniliasis, a yeast infection quite common in both partners.This can present as whitish spots on both partners,or as white discharge in women.This condition though common in diabetes could also occur in anybody.Antifungal cremes should be fine, and in recurrent infections internal medications like fluconazole may be considered by your physician for both of you.Otherwise there should be no problem.Best wishes.