Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: pseudomonas aerug. uti

gigi4567 - Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:30 pm

I have been treated for P. aeruginosa for 5 days with proquin xr 500mg. I have a neurogenic bladder and cath. 3 days ago my boyfriend developed a rash resembling bug bites from his knees to his naval it itches severely. Is my condition contagious and could they be related. Thought it resembled poison ivy but was not exposed.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 am

User avatar Hello,
No this would not be contagious. He must have a different condition.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us