Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: urinary tract infection

stacylynn0925 - Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:14 pm

my mom has been having some pain when she pees and blood in it she feels like she has to pee all the time and dosent pee much i looked up and i think it might be a urinary tract infection. shes in alot of pain is there anything she can do to ease her pain tell she can go to the doctors tomorrow????? she tryed cranberry juice but it made her bleed alot more. if you have and ideas please help??
 EMG1981 - Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:19 pm

There is a pill that is over the counter now, in the US called Uristat. It will help with the pain associated with a UTI, but will not cure it! It also turns the urine a bright orange color and will stain clothing :) http://www.uristat.com/help.htm

I've had the pleasure of having a few UTI's in the past few years, and her symptoms sound similar to what I experienced.

The only thing that will cure a UTI is a round of antibiotics, so make sure that she gets into the Dr ASAP!

~EMG
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:41 am

User avatar Hi!

And don't forget the water... drink plenty of it.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us