Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Sharp pain in my penis

steve128 - Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:42 pm

I have peyronie disease but its not that bad I have been having it for about a year now. My peyronie doesn't hurt although I have the scar tissue underneath my skin I can feel it when I have an erection its harder then the rest of the tissue also and when flaccid I can see it too shape out alittle also.

however before yesterday I had an erection at night and messed around with it but but didnt really masterbate with it I got a random erection.This happened before I went to bed.

In the morning I wake up suddenly with a sharp pain. Its under the tip on the right side close to the scar tissue area not sure if it can be on a small part of it but I doubt it because the pain is sharp it doesnt hurt like the peyronie pain i used to get early or if I masterbate hard. which feels sore instead of sharp like a knife.

can sharp pains in the penis be peyronies disease or is it more likely to be that I stretched a tissure or tore one or something else? My penis length hasn't decreased and its fairly straight and is only slightly curved but it has always been even before peyronies.

The pain seemed to hurt if the area was touched. yesterday was hurting constantly more because when penis flaccid hangs down in my pants and walks the tip keeps getting in contact with the jeans inside. It hursts alittle less today though. but still hurts

-- IS sharp pain a sympton of peyronies or only sore pain? ????? The sharp pain is somewhat like when I recieved the trauma that caused my peyronies sharp pain except that I can catch an erection and It don't feel like blood is leaking and gusing inside
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:14 pm

User avatar Hello,

Peyronie's disease is characterized by a localized inflammation that heals by a hardened scar forming plaques or lumps in the penis reducing its flexibility. Plaques are not cancerous.The disease is of unknown cause although in some reported cases the disease developed after trauma.

Symptoms (mainly pain and bending of the penis) range in severity from mild to severe. Pain usually occurs during and after erection making sexual intercourse difficult. Inflammation and pain resolves shortly in mild cases but may cause significant long lasting pain or permanent bending.

Congestion due to unrelieved sexual excitement may also cause or aggravate the pain.

It is more likely that this pain is due to peyronie's disease but exclusion of other causes like infections is mandatory.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor for proper assessment.
Please keep us updated.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us