Question: Reddish/Brownish fluid in boxer shorts

boss man - Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:05 pm

I am a healthy, active 24 year old male. I run approx. 5k twice per week and work out approx. 3-4 times per week. I smoke approx. 1 pack of cigarettes per day and drink alcohol in moderation. I have occasionaly leaked very (VERY!!!) small amounts of urine for many years now through out the day. I saw a urologist approx. 7 years ago for slight tingling and urinating feeling, along with the slight urine leak. The urologist found nothing out of the ordinary and all tests came back normal.I am faithfully married for 5 years now. She is my only sexual partner. I have had Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) for approx 7-8 years now. My wife knows about the HPV and she does not have HPV. We had sex the other night and the following day (around 12:00 noon) I noticed a little bit of reddish/brown fluid in my boxer shorts (approx. a dimes size worth.). By the end of the day I had approx. a quarters size worth of reddish/brownish fluid stain on my boxer shorts.
My initial reaction was that the reddish/brownish fluid was a blood and urine mix. What could this possibly be? And should I be concerned. I found related forums on here that gave me some comfort however I would still like a response from a Doctor. Thank you so much.!!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:17 am

From the history provided, here are some of the possibilities...
- Hemospermia
- prostatitis
- seminal vesiculitis
- urethritis.
In all likelihood, the fluids (perhaps semen and blood) collected in the posterior urethra came out, aided by gravity the next morning.
This needs a thorough urological work up.I hope you have done that by now.Cheers!