Question: Urine instead of semen

tacticsx3 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Hello, I have had an on-going problems for as long as i can remember. When i masturbate or have sex, when i have an orgasm, urine comes out instead of semen. It is 100% urine, not a mix. I am a 20 year old male. I have a neurogenic bladder and self cathiterize daily. I was also born with one kidney. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 am

This kind of problem occurs usually in peri-pubertal males. The bladder neck may fail to close (or remain open) at the moment of ejaculation.If the urinary bladder happens to contract (or if intra-abdominal pressure increases during the spasms-as it usually happens), urine may be ejaculated with or without semen.This problem usually settles sponteneously with further maturity of the urinary system including the prostate gland.To complicate matters,you seem to have a neurogenic bladder and you self-catheterize on a daily basis.
Still, I expect you to be better by now.