Question: Lodged kidney stone

Bluette - Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:54 pm

I have been having sever kidney pain. I went to the doctor, I have blood in my urine and they found a kidney stone through a CT scan. however they said the stone is not obstructing the normal function of the kidney, therefore can not be the cause of my pain. I am wondering if this sounds right or if I should get a second opinion.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:12 pm

User avatar Hi Bluette,
Kindey stones can cause significant pain which of course worsens if a ureter becomes partially or completely blocked. I would encourage you to have an evaluation by an Urologist if you have not done so already. Best wishes.
 shortydv2002 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 am

I too am having severe pain in my right side radiating to my back. It feels like another stone but when the CT was done i was given the same response. I have a couple stones but they are small and still in the kidney. So they can not be the cause of the pain. I'm tired of being looked at like I'm going for pain medication. I know something is wrong. But getting into a specialist here is like pulling teeth. I was just wandering if the stones could be causing my pain or are the ER doctors right? I'm frustrated and want the pain to go away. It's to the point where it's waking me up at night.