Question: Problem with Dry, Flaky Penis (Possibly with excess skin)

dazed&confused - Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:10 am

Hi I am an 18-19 year old and recently have noticed flaking on the penis shaft (towards the head).This is not itchy or noticeable until i check. I am a virgin and have not received oral sex in at least 3 months so it is not STI related. It also appears that there is excess skin (that wasn't there previously) around the head of the penis (i am uncircumcised). Also the vein that runs along the bottom of the shaft and into the head looks as if it has stretched. Also the first time i noticed the skin on the head of the penis had a couple of little holes in it and was a bit bubbly.

Note. Do not believe it to be from excess masturbation or similar theory.
I have had it for no greater than a month.

I have attached pictures ( but couldn't find my camera so they look a bit silly)
as below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31349890@N03/

Please do not post these images on other sites, for diagnostic only

Thankyou in anticipation

Dazed&Confused
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:09 pm

User avatar Hello,The common condition that affecting the glans mainly in the uncircumsized is balanitis often caused by fungi,and bacteria.Mostly caused by not proper cleansing,and sometimes by excessive too.Not a problem for it is treatable with ease.If it is due to monilia external application of antifungals would do.The bacterial component may need antibiotic again mostly applications,a few may need a course of oral antibiotic.Some may need circumcision if it recurs often.