Question: Pimples in pubic region

skatinbum4 - Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 am

Hi, I'm 18 years old and have been getting pimples around my genitals. They look like a normal facial pimple and feel a little uncomfortable when I apply pressure, just like a normal facial pimple. There is no redness or rash on the surrounding areas of it. I have only had sex with one girl, and used a condom both times. And I've had oral from 3 different people. They all claimed they didn't have STD's, but who would want to admit to something like that right? It has been almost 2 years since I had sex, and over 6 months since I had oral, and haven't gotten them until I started shaving. I only just started getting these and the first one or two went away quickly. But I just started shaving there in August for the first time. Forums told me they are related to shaving, but I haven't shaved in about a week and a half and just got one on the shaft. It has a white head and looks normal, but I need some insight.

Is this related to STD's? Or is this simply pimples, and nothing to worry about.

Please let me know, I am very worried it may be something serious.

-Thank you
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:58 pm

These lesions don't (so far, at least) sound much like they are STD-related. My first thought was that your having shaved the area probably had caused some ingrown follicles, and that's still entirely possible. However, the lesion that later appeared on your shaft sounds like a different sort of thing -- probably still just a pimple, but keep an eye on it to make certain it doesn't turn into an ulcerative sore (open) or otherwise change in a disturbing way. Ideally, with proper hygeine, this should go away sooner than later.

If any of the lesions change or last longer than a couple weeks you probably would be wise to see a doctor to rule out any STDs, but it really doesn't sound like that's what you've got going on there, especially given your history of very limited recent sexual activity.

Hope this helps.