Question: itching and denseley spread small red blotches under forskin

mcorving - Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Im a 16 year old male, and a few days ago noticed a small, itchy, somewhat sensitive red area at the base of the head of my penis under the foreskin. i didnt make much of it, but i did wash it and apply some anti itch cream with aloe. For the past couple days its spread across my head and throughout the INSIDE of my foreskin.

Not sure if this is related but for the past few months ive noticed that underneath my foreskin theres been some very strong smelling dampness which develops. As a result i've been rinsing it out a few times a day.

this situation is really worrying me as its been accelerating quite rapidly. if anyone knows ANYTHING about this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know! Are there any topical solutions i can buy for this at a pharmacy? or for that matter anything i can do to stop this?

thanks in advance

-mark
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 pm

This sort of irritation due to dampness trapped beneath the foreskin is very common, and while you're doing just about everything you can to reduce the problem, it really probably will require medical treatment, since vigilant hygeine doesn't seem to be helping much. You may have developed a fungal infection through no fault of your own, and it may require a prescription topical medication to make it go away.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck with this. Let us know how things turn out.
 mcorving - Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:47 pm

thanks for your help! i went to a clinic today where a doctor told me the same thing. I now have a prescription cream. seems to be helping slowly
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:30 pm

User avatar Great news. Hope it works well. Thanks for following up.