Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: itching and denseley spread small red blotches under forskin

 mcorving - Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Im a 16 year old male, and a few days ago noticed a small, itchy, somewhat sensitive red area at the base of the head of my penis under the foreskin. i didnt make much of it, but i did wash it and apply some anti itch cream with aloe. For the past couple days its spread across my head and throughout the INSIDE of my foreskin.

Not sure if this is related but for the past few months ive noticed that underneath my foreskin theres been some very strong smelling dampness which develops. As a result i've been rinsing it out a few times a day.

this situation is really worrying me as its been accelerating quite rapidly. if anyone knows ANYTHING about this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know! Are there any topical solutions i can buy for this at a pharmacy? or for that matter anything i can do to stop this?

thanks in advance

 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 pm

User avatar Hello -

This sort of irritation due to dampness trapped beneath the foreskin is very common, and while you're doing just about everything you can to reduce the problem, it really probably will require medical treatment, since vigilant hygeine doesn't seem to be helping much. You may have developed a fungal infection through no fault of your own, and it may require a prescription topical medication to make it go away.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck with this. Let us know how things turn out.
 mcorving - Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:47 pm

thanks for your help! i went to a clinic today where a doctor told me the same thing. I now have a prescription cream. seems to be helping slowly
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:30 pm

User avatar Great news. Hope it works well. Thanks for following up.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us