Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: itching foreskin

worried123 - Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 am

Ok, so i'm a 21 year old male, and I just got off antibiotics about 4 days ago. Yesterday, my foreskin has been itching like mad, and I think that it was the anti-biotics that might have caused a yeast infection.

So, what do I do? And, would taking the female yeast infection pills treat the infection?

thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 pm

It is possible the antiobiotics may have enabled a yeast infection, if not actually caused it (you'd need exposure for that part). However, self-treatment is generally discouraged, since you can't be certain that's what the problem actually is. The appropriate next step would be to contact the doctor about the new symptoms, and follow through from there.

Best of luck to you. Please follow up with us here as needed.